ACCESS TO THIS WEB SITE (OR PORTIONS THEREOF) AND THE UPLOADING AND USE OF MATERIALS ON THIS WEB SITE (OR PORTIONS THEREOF), IS NOT INTENDED, AND IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, WHERE SUCH ACCESS OR USE VIOLATES APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
User identification and document access control
There are four levels of user identification or affiliation on this Web Site. These levels are used for identification and document access control for users as follows:
"Guest" is a user who is not logged on to the Web Site.
"Registered user" is a user who has registered and created a user profile on the Web Site and is logged in. This person does not have to be affiliated with FPL in any way.
"FPL Member" is a registered, logged-in user who is affiliated with an FPL Member firm.
"Group Member" is an individual who is affiliated (i.e. listed as a participant) of a particular group (i.e. Committee, Working Group, Vendor entry, etc.). This person does not necessarily have to be an "FPL Member".
The Web Site's document access control is managed based upon those four levels.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the FIX Protocol specification, implementation guide and repository (together "the FIX Protocol") belong to FPL and its licensors. All rights in the FIX Protocol are reserved to FPL and its licensors. No proprietary or ownership interest of any kind is granted with respect to the FIX Protocol (or any rights therein). © Copyright 2011 FIX Protocol Limited, all rights reserved.
Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this Web Site and the Materials belong to FPL and its licensors, save that any contributions you submit to the FIXwiki ("Contributions") shall belong to you or your licensors as applicable.
Except as allowed by the Limited Licence set out below, the copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of the Materials or any part of this Web Site (excluding your Contributions) is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any Materials viewed through this Web Site other than your Contributions to the FIXwiki. The posting of Materials by FPL on this Web Site does not constitute a waiver of any rights in such Materials by FPL, its affiliates or its licensors.
By submitting any Contributions to the FIXwiki you grant FPL the right to
- (i) use the material in your Contributions in any way FPL may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis throughout the world, which may include without limitation the right to share your Contributions with third parties (for instance with other members or non-members of FIX Protocol) for any purpose; and
- (ii) change, edit or remove your Contribution (or part thereof) for any reason at any time without prior notice. If copyright exists in any Contributions you submit to the FIXwiki, you confirm that EITHER you are the sole and exclusive owner of such copyright OR you have the right to submit the Contributions to the FIXwiki and grant FPL the rights set out in this paragraph in relation to such Contributions.
FPL grants you permission to download the Materials solely for use within your organisation and/or for the purpose of conducting your organisation's business. Each downloaded copy must plainly display all copyright and other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original and must display a statement that the Materials are used solely with permission of FPL.
In particular, the FIX Protocol cannot be downloaded and adapted with a view to creating a new right, title, licence or interest in the adapted version of the FIX Protocol.
Reproduction of the FIX Protocol
FPL grants you a personal non-transferable right to print in hard copy form (or to copy any such printed copy) the FIX Protocol specification in its entirety provided that:
- the duplicated pages retain the "Copyright FIX Protocol Limited" statement together with all other proprietary logos and legends of FPL and its licensors as appear on the FIX Protocol specification from time to time;
- the FIX Protocol specification may not be copied, printed or reproduced other than for use within your organisation and/or for the purpose of conducting your organisation's business and may not be sold or distributed to any other person except with the prior written permission of FPL and subject to any terms FPL may impose on such sale/distribution.
Portions of the FIX Protocol specification not exceeding 75% of the number of words contained in the original documentation may be extracted or cited in other documents (such as a document which describes an implementation of the FIX Protocol specification) provided that you reference the origin of the FIX Protocol specification (www.fixprotocol.org) and that the FIX Protocol itself is referenced as "Copyright FIX Protocol Limited".
Note that FPL claims no intellectual property rights over any implementation (programming code) of an application which implements the behaviour and details from the FIX Protocol specification.
Trademarks and Servicemarks
"F.I.X. Protocol", "FIXimate", "FIXML", "F.I.X.", "INDUSTRY DRIVEN MESSAGING STANDARD", "FAST PROTOCOL", "FIX ADAPTED FOR STREAMING", "FIXATDL" and "FIXwiki" are trademarks or servicemarks of FIX Protocol Limited. The marks "F.I.X. Protocol" "FIXML" and "F.I.X." are registered trademarks in the European Community and Canada.
All other trademarks used on this Web Site are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
No obligation to monitor content
Inappropriate Content and Transmissions
- (i) for any unlawful or illegal purpose or any purpose which may be illegal under the law of any applicable jurisdiction. This includes, but is not limited to, uploading, publishing, or posting, information, data or material which is libellous, obscene, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, or which infringes or is likely to infringe the intellectual property rights of any person, or which infringes the confidential information of any person, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable national, local, state, federal or international law, order or regulation;
- (ii) to post, send, transmit, or disseminate any information or material which a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, offensive, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, distressing, vulgar, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or otherwise inappropriate, regardless of whether this material or its dissemination is unlawful;
- (iii) to access any other person's computer or computer system, software, or data without their knowledge and consent; breach the security of another user; or attempt to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account;
- (iv) to impersonate any person or entity, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else's digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- (v) to use or distribute tools designed or used for compromising security or to knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material that adversely affects the operation of any computer software or hardware, including but not limited to password guessing programs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, decoders, password gatherers, analyzers, cracking tools, packet sniffers, encryption circumvention devices, Trojan Horse programs, viruses, worms, time-bombs or any other harmful programs or similar computer code;
- (vi) to generate levels of traffic sufficient to impede others' ability to post or retrieve information, or to transmit unsolicited bulk or commercial messages otherwise known as "spam." This includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited advertising, promotional materials or other solicitation material, posting of commercial advertising, informational announcements, multiple copies of the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages which contain no substantive content, or upload very large messages or files to a recipient that disrupts a server, account, discussion forum, or chat service;
- (vii) to distribute programs that remove locks or time-outs built into software (cracks);
- (viii) to tag content on this Web Site, participate in the collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others (without their prior consent), a practice sometimes known as spidering, web crawling, or harvesting, or participate in the use of software (including "spyware") designed to facilitate this activity or to otherwise collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their consent;
- (ix) to alter, modify, or tamper or attempt to do any of the aforesaid in relation to FPL's servers or other equipment on which this Web Site is hosted or operated or to interfere with computer networking or telecommunications service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper seizing and abuse of operator privileges and attempts to "crash" a host; and
- (x) to engage in any acts or behaviour which may reasonably be construed as unprofessional or contrary to the rules of any relevant supervisory or regulatory authority.
Consequences of breach
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this Web Site (or part thereof).
- Immediate, temporary or permanent blocking and/or removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this Web Site.
- Where you are an FPL Member, suspension of termination of your membership.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities and/or regulatory authorities as FPL reasonably feels is necessary or is otherwise required to disclose by a court of competent jurisdiction or applicable regulatory authority.
FIXwiki discussion pages
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable laws in the UK and the US (where this website is hosted) and in any country from which the contributions are posted.
The Materials may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of FPL. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and those actual events or results may differ materially. Any forward-looking statements contained in this Web Site speak only as of the date of the related document, and FPL does not undertake to update any forward looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after such date.
In many cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms and other comparable terminology.
FPL discourages you from sending us or posting in discussion forums any information that you consider confidential or proprietary through this Web Site. Please note that if you do send us any such information or material, FPL will assume it is not confidential. By sending information or material to this Web Site, you grant FPL and its affiliates an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that FPL and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. Your password is confidential and must not be disclosed to any other person.
FPL has not reviewed all of the sites linked from this Web Site and neither it nor any of its affiliates are responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this Web Site. The mention of such sites or inclusion of any link to such sites constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation by FPL. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk and FPL shall not be responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, opinions expressed, privacy policies, products or services provided through such links, nor for any damages or losses, directly or indirectly, caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of your use or reliance on such third party websites.
Any link to this Web Site from a third party website without FPL's written permission is prohibited.
Availability of this Web Site
While we will make reasonable efforts to provide this Web Site, we will not be liable for any failure to do so, in part or full, for any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. This includes, in particular, any suspension of this Web Site resulting from maintenance and upgrades to our systems or those of any party used to operate this Web Site or due to internet connectivity issues.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM IT WILL NOT CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY PROPERTY, OR OTHERWISE MINIMISE OR ELIMINATE THE INHERENT RISKS OF THE INTERNET INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA, COMPUTER VIRUS INFECTION, SPYWARE, MALICIOUS SOFTWARE, TROJANS AND WORMS. WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF CHANGES MADE TO THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE BY UNAUTHORISED THIRD PARTIES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING PROCEDURES FOR DATA BACK UP AND VIRUS CHECKING AS YOU CONSIDER NECESSARY.
THIS WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FIX PROTOCOL) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, FPL, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION AND GIVE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN RELATION TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS HEREIN (OR THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED BY THE USE THEREOF). EACH SUCH PERSON AND ENTITY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION:
(A) WARRANTIES OF ORIGINALITY, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE MATERIALS;
(B) WARRANTIES RELATING TO DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS IN THE OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PART OF IT;
(C) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE WEBSITE OR ITS AVAILABILITY AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION;
(D) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE USE, VALIDITY, ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF, OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF, THIS WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS; AND
(E) WARRANTIES RELATING TO WEBSITES TO WHICH THIS WEBSITE IS LINKED.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, FPL, ITS AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING IN ANY MANNER OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USER'S USE OF (OR ANY INABILITY TO USE) THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FIX PROTOCOL), WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES OR LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS), WHETHER IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF, OR OTHERWISE MIGHT HAVE ANTICIPATED THE POSSIBILITY OF, SUCH DAMAGES.
No Waiver and severability
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
Transfer of rights and obligations
Law and jurisdiction
This Web Site is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of this Web Site is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access this Web Site.
FPL and its affiliates do not represent that any of the Materials on this Web Site are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access this Web Site do so by their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws and regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
Questions or suggestions